South Hereford Motorcaravan Centre Ltd
Terms and Conditions
BLUE CROSS SALE
Only on vehicles in stock
Not in conjunction with any other offers
Full payment must be before 31st January 2019
Free storage of purchased vehicle up to 1st March 2019
Please note all calls received and made by SHMCC are
recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Please note all calls received and made by SHMCC are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
1. Where the Motorhome or Caravan and goods, (herein referred to as “the goods”) to be supplied are to be ordered from the manufacturer South Hereford Motorcaravan Centre Ltd (herein referred to as “S.H.M.C.C”) undertakes to assist the purchaser in obtaining the benefit of the warranty or guarantee given by the manufacture in the respect of the goods.
2. S.H.M.C.C. is a company registered in England and wales, company registration number 04591318. Our registered office A40 Southbound, Whitchurch, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 6DF.
3. Our registered vat number is 800755158 We can be contacted on 01600 890 870 or SALE@shmcc.com
4. Our trading premises is A40 Southbound, Whitchurch, Ross- On-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 6DF, we also trade at The Caravan Camping and Motorhome show which takes place in February and The Motorhome and Caravan Show which takes place in October at the Birmingham NEC, B40 1NT, on the usual Swift stands.
5. At S.H.M.C.C we reserve the right to retract all offers at any given time.
6. The purchaser must pay S.H.M.C.C. the balance of the purchase price of all the goods before delivery, in the case of a bank transfer, this is to be at least 24 hours prior to delivery of the Motorhome or Caravan. In the case of a cash purchase, it will be to the maximum of £8000.
7. Please note we are not liable for any delays due to moneys not being readably available.
8. Delivery will not take place before the date indicated on the order form unless an earlier delivery date is agreed and is in written agreement. By both Parties.
9. In the event of a used Motorhome or Caravan being part exchanged for any of the goods at S.H.M.C.C. we may proceed to sell the goods taken in part exchange at any given time. In addition, any used Motorhome or Caravan taken in part exchange shall not necessarily be the cash price S.H.M.C.C. may achieve in a future sale, In the event of the Motorhome or Caravan being sold before the delivery date of the goods, or in the event that the goods are not delivered. In this case S.H.M.C.C. Will pay no more than the price agreed for part exchange.
10. When the purchaser places an order for a Motorhome or Caravan, a deposit is always required. In the case of a Motorhome the Minimum deposit required is £1000 (One Thousand Pounds), on any Motorhome over £30,000 (Thirty thousand pounds) a minimum deposit of £2000 (Two Thousand Pounds) is required. Caravans all require a £1000 (One Thousand Pounds) deposit. Putting a deposit onto any vehicle will result in the removal of the vehicle from sale and in the case of any New Motorhome or Caravan not in stock, an order will be placed with the manufactures.
11. All Deposits are non-refundable. However, in the event that the purchaser is unable to obtain finance from ourselves or when S.H.M.C.C carry out a full inspection of the part exchange and it does not meet the original description and S.H.M.C.C and the purchaser cannot agree on a suitable value for the part exchange the deposit will be refunded. In the event that the purchaser cancels the order, it will not be refunded, but it will be held for 6 months to use against the purchase of another vehicle.
12. All offers are not in conjunction with any other offers and are subject to availability.
13. Where the agreement is for the purchase of goods to be ordered from the manufacturer S.H.M.C.C will agree an estimated delivery date. The seller will use its best endeavours to deliver by such a date. However, we cannot guarantee time of delivery, and S.H.M.C.C shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the purchaser through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery however caused.
14. If in the event the Manufactures are unable to make a Motorhome or Caravan to the Model, Make and Specification ordered by the Purchaser, then S.H.M.C.C will return the deposit in full and will cancel any agreement.
15. Where S.H.M.C.C agrees to accept a part exchange as part of the purchase price, the part exchange will be accepted by S.H.M.C.C subject to the following conditions.
a. The part exchange shall be delivered to S.H.M.C.C in the same condition as described by the purchaser at the time or order.
b. Any quote or estimated value of the part exchange, will only be confirmed upon delivery of the part exchange vehicle arriving for a full S.H.M.C.C. inspection.
c. The used Motorhome or Caravan is the subject of a hire purchase or credit sale agreement capable of assignment by the purchaser and of cash settlement by S.H.M.C.C, and in such a case the amount of the purchase price allowed by S.H.M.C.C in respect there for shall be reduced by the amount of paid in settlement by S.H.M.C.C.
d. The used caravan or Motorhome is the absolute property of the purchaser and free from any hire purchase agreement or other legal conditions or requirements.
16. Nothing in the terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights relating to either misrepresentation of goods, faulty goods or a bad level quality service.
17. Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be
deemed to have been duly served if send by recorded delivery to the
purchasers last known address in the seller's possession and
subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
17. Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be deemed to have been duly served if send by recorded delivery to the purchasers last known address in the seller's possession and subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
18. Credit is subject to status and only available to UK
residents aged 18 and over. South Hereford Motor Caravans is a credit
broker and not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of
lenders who may be able to provide funding for your purchase. We can
only introduce you to these lenders and may receive commission or other
benefits for doing so.
18. Credit is subject to status and only available to UK residents aged 18 and over. South Hereford Motor Caravans is a credit broker and not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to provide funding for your purchase. We can only introduce you to these lenders and may receive commission or other benefits for doing so.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site http://www.motorcaravancentre.co.uk/index.htm including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service.
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as current, past and prospective clients, suppliers, affiliates, employees, professional contacts and others with whom we communicate.
In addition, we may occasionally be required, by law or via our professional body to collect, use and share certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation. We recognise that to maintain our professional reputation and integrity, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Data Protection Legislation
In the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA), “Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (also known as PECR) and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European Data Protection Board or the Information Commissioner, together with:
⦁ prior to 25 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 1998; and
⦁ from 25 May 2018 onwards Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
Personal data must be processed in accordance with six ‘Data Protection Principles.’ It must:
⦁ be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently;
⦁ be collected and processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
⦁ be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
⦁ be accurate and kept up to date. Any inaccurate data must be deleted or rectified without delay;
⦁ not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed; and
⦁ be processed securely.
We are accountable for these principles and must be able to show that we are compliant.
Additionally, we will ensure that:
⦁ There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation- Kristian Franklin or Shaun Howells TEL: 01600 890 870 EMAIL: ⦁ SALE@shmcc.com
⦁ we take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
⦁ we ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
⦁ we regularly review and audit how we handle personal information.
⦁ the ways we handle personal information are clearly described.
⦁ everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice.
⦁ everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised.
⦁ we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information.
⦁ anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and
⦁ Queries about handling personal information are dealt with properly and courteously.
⦁ If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (⦁ www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
⦁ It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at SALE@shmcc.com
The types of personal data we collect and use
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
0) Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, National Insurance numbers.
1) Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
2) Financial Data may include your bank account details and other financial details.
⦁ Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
⦁ We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, your trade union membership, genetic and biometric data, sex life, sexual orientation, and information about your health.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purpose
We will process your personal data:
⦁ As necessary to perform our contract with you and to update our records
⦁ As necessary for our own legitimate interests e.g. for good governance and managing our business operations and to send you marketing communications (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. You have the right to challenge our legitimate interests and request we stop this processing.
⦁ As necessary to comply with a legal obligation e.g. when you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests; for compliance with legal and regulatory disclosures, for establishment and defence of legal rights; to verify your identity and anti-money laundering checks.
⦁ Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at SALE@shmcc.com
⦁ Change of purpose
⦁ We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Kristian Franklin or Shaun Howells TEL: 01600 890 870 EMAIL: SALE@shmcc.com
⦁ If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
⦁ Government bodies and agencies in the UK e.g. HMRC and Companies House;
⦁ Sub-contractors and other persons who help us provide our services;
⦁ Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
⦁ Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
⦁ Courts, to comply with legal requirements;
⦁ In an emergency or to otherwise protect your interests;
⦁ Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
International Transfer of Data
We are based in the UK but sometimes your data may be transferred outside the EEA. If we do transfer data outside the EEA we will make sure there are suitable safeguards in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, ensuring adequate levels of data protection unless certain exceptions apply.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data retention periods
⦁ We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
⦁ To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
⦁ By law we must keep basic information about our clients (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis. You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request. You have the right to:
0) Request access to your personal data.
1) Request correction of your personal data.
2) Request erasure of your personal data.
3) Object to processing of your personal data.
4) Request restriction of processing your personal data.
5) Request transfer of your personal data.
6) Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Kristian Franklin or Shaun Howells TEL: 01600 890 870 EMAIL: SALE@shmcc.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.